Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanksgiving, What are you thankful for?

Thanksgiving is often taken for granted. Many People celebrate Halloween then go straight to Christmas but I think we need a moment here to be truly grateful for the things we have. Children often ask for video games, a ps2 or a ps3 and what's really disturbing is that these children are 5 and 8 year olds who dont know what to be really thankful for. Adults tend to look at the season as one big shopping bill,but what are you truly thankful for? The gift or the time you took to spend with the people you care about to give that gift? Isn't also better to give then to get? I for one, if I got every single thing I wanted- where would I store it all and what good does it do me if I only share it by myself? I am just content to be with the people I love most and let the good times role!

So In the spirit of giving and eating lots of turkey ( or for those of you vegans),


I am thankful for:

1) My life, just being alive and able to breath with the disabilities that I have.

2) My family, as much as they get on my nerves and I am adopted,
technically they are still my family.

3) My boyfriend, whom I love very very much and his family too.
All the wonderful help they are,teamwork, support, fun, the laughter of peeing our pants
and love.

4) My dogs Axel and Arno with our horses,
yes the fur balls are considered part of the family=)

5) Friends of the family, new and old
with every step they take, a new door opens
and fond memories=) oh yeah and don't forget
the slumber parties woot!

6)
I am thankful for all those who help out at the soup kitchen,
the CNA's and other medical person's, Firefighters, police
officers, soldiers around the world, people that make a difference.


What are you thankful for this year? Your mom or dad, significant other, baby neices and nephews, or that you're not the turkey?

No comments:

Post a Comment