Monday, November 22, 2010

The Raven (Horror Story By: Me)

Life has a way of revealing itself unexpectedly, for both were star gazing only to realize that the stars were the eyes of the dead. Silent, stood by the ages of the universe, they still glinted with vigilance from eerie yesterdays as if to cry in the dark and whisper through the light, stories lightyears away. "What do they speak of?" Declared the two, and thus the Raven ansewred," Catch at a chance's will, cast a silken heart, healing of the twins- even after dark."

The two lay inside an abandoned pool upturned to the sky. Smell of hot dogs on the grill and non sense laughter. Constellations and rock music that later took them to the park flashlights in hand.

"Haha yeah man, did you get that new game" said Brett.
" Yeah, I saved some money but I want the other............." Edward replied, but his voice soon trailed off.
" Did you hear that?", Ed asked, "What was that? I could have just sworn I just heard it!". Uneasy, they
laughed and shrugged it off.

" So did you want to go the dance with that girl?", Ed letting himself up on tree's branches.
" I haven't asked her yet, but did you see my work for the dance?", asked Brett leaning against the trunk.
" Nah, but I hear you did good bud."

Then it happened again.
"What the heck?Brett,Seriously I heard something. Please told me you heard it too?".
" Yeah but what is that?".

Coming from the woods beyond the edges of the park, wails could be heard. Sounds babies crying and children screaming.
They both shined their flashlights but there was nothing. Signaling to eachother, both somewhat curious.

" I dare you, I dare you"
"Nah I dare you man, come on, you do it!".

The darkened woods usually painted in blue and brown skyline was now illuminated by a strange phenomenon. Lights appeared, spheres of radiating unearthly light in all directions only to disappear again. Perhaps other flashlights, search hunts, or headlights from cars? Neither one thought so for this was definitely nothing of the sort nearby. The sounds of babies and children now seemed to be echoing from all around them.

"Dude did you see that?"
"Yeah man, did you see the same thing?"

The orbs and disembodied voices surrounded them even as they shined their flashlights,nothing was there until they saw a green aura coming off of what looked like water in the distance.

"Hey do you think thats a lake or river back there?"
" I don't know man, you wanna see or what?"
" I don't know, I don't know, come with me dude."

No comments:

Post a Comment