Friday, December 31, 2010

The Yearbook (poetry by:The Earth Writer)

*Poem is dedicated to my boyfriend.


There are many other photos,
even entire books filled with funny faced children.

but what do I see?
Sure there are the smart, artisty,the melodramatic and funny
but of all the faces in a collage,
What do I see?

Someone who is truly different,
someone who is truly unique.

His face, those haunting blue eyes,
almost striking through the page,
yes they draw me in-mesmorized.
How can I look away?

Especially even in childhood photos,
it's almost like he's staring back, laughing.

These are not of premature antics,
but of a mysterious anticipation that runs deep
and makes the stomach flutter.



What do I see? tis something that takes most a lifetime.
You can't see it with your eyes nor can you hear it
with your ears,

but what I "see" is Someone with a special soul,
The kind of soul that is wacky, charistmatic
yet at the same time still and cool as flowing rivers
flooding the room with joys and mystery.

The Soul of someone who can see back,
make one think and goof off till you fall of your seat
all at the same time.

A Soul of Souls,
a picture can say a thousand words,
and a thousand pictures who knew
that out some yearbooks,he is the most special?

No comments:

Post a Comment